Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Thank you for the encouragement, Harmony.

A few nights ago, I was watching a Korean drama in which the female protagonist's father passed away.  Having gone through the same pain of losing one's dad, I started to tear up and suddenly missed my dad.  Harmony happened to pass by and saw what was on my iPad screen and asked why the lady was crying and why was I sad. I explained to her what happened in the drama. Then I told her that my daddy, her grandpa whom she never met, passed away too. I showed her my family portrait hung on our wall by the stairs and pointed at my dad.

She became sad too and distressed that I don't have a dad anymore. Suddenly, she lit up and exclaimed, "But don't worry! You will see your daddy again in heaven! Remember? He is with Jesus. You don't have to be sad, Nanay. You will see him again! And I will meet him too! And you can borrow Tatay's daddy (my father-in-law)!

My heavy heart suddenly became light as my grief turned into joy. I am thankful for this reminder. I am thankful that the faith my dad has passed down to me has been instilled in his granddaughter's heart as well. And as young as Harmony is, I am grateful she can be an encouragement to others, yes, even to adults like me. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment